Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. After having such a nice time at Chateau Yering on my birthday, Ken and his sister suggested we take their Mum there for Mother's Day. There were just the five of us: Ken and I, his sister and her hubby, and MIL. SIL arranged to see her offspring later on, so it was a nice quiet afternoon for us all. We all had coffee and cake except for B.I.L who chose a cheese platter with his coffee.
Here I am with M.I.L. at the entrance to the Chateau homestead. You'd never think she was 94, would you? Do I look nearly 60? I FEEL about 160 sometimes!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Your MIL looks fantastic for her age... that's for sure!
I'm glad you all had a lovely day.
It rained here most of the weekend... so we all just soaked up the opportunity to do indoor things... though we fit in a spot of fishing on Sat night. Talk soon xox.

Monday, 14 May, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a great photo ... the two of you look gorgeous.
I've never been to Chateau Yering ... go past there almost every other weekend, it's always busy ... looks great.
Glad you had a nice day.
Take care, Meow

Monday, 14 May, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

O! please give your MIL a gentle hug from Rob and I. she is such a lovely lady and it has been so nice knowing we have infact spoken to her Lets hope that can happen again one day.

Now Gina you have just had a birthday so dear girl you can not be almost 60! yet anyway you are one of the brightest and dynamic people we have the pleasure in knowing so age will never be a problem to you they are just numbers!!!right??
((smiles)) Lee-ann

Tuesday, 15 May, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina A lovely photo of you both and know You dont look 60, Chateau Yering sounds a great place to eat Sounds like you had a lovely weekend..

Tuesday, 15 May, 2007  
Blogger Pam said...

No, you both look very young for your ages. Your MIL is so lucky to have such a caring DIL.

(By the way - re your comment - the blood clots weren't in the baby itself, but the placenta round the baby. But still, it's a pretty terrible thought.)

Wednesday, 16 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!