Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Plants in our garden - late May 2007.

This pretty little shrub is called Westringia. Has delicate lilac coloured blossom much of the year.
'Robyn Gordon Grevillea' - Aust native shrub that we planted a year ago from tube stock. I am so pleased to see this coming along so well; it will be a stunning bush in two or three years as they can grow quite big, and flower nearly all year round.
Close up of the flower.

This is a Australian native daisy - sorry I can't remember it's botanical name! The petals are very dry - like fine parchment. Come to think of it, that might be it's name: Paper Daisy plant.
This Zygo Cactus is in full bloom. It started from one piece about a year ago.
And this one is just starting. It is a very delicate shade of pink.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Mum used to collect Zygo's way back in the dark ages.... then she gave them all to me. Big mistake! They thrived for a few years and then my life got awfully hectic directing chilcare centres. So eventually they all died. I have to go find a dark place now as I suddenly feel quite rotten! lol

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Go and find a dark place...ha! you're a funny girl, Nic!!

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!