Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Why I shop on Wednesday nights.

Sylvia asked the question after reading my earlier post about my weekly menu and shopping routine. When I worked full time, my weekly wage was deposited into our bank account on Wednesdays, so it made sense to do the bulk of my shopping on that night while there was enough money to draw on. I haven't had any reason to change my routine; I like having the coming weekend free of major supermarket shopping trips when every man and his dog is out there competing for parking spots and lining up in queues at the checkout.

I'm lucky that Safeway is at the end of our street (about a kilometre away), so it takes me about 2 minutes to drive down there. The store closes at midnight, and I go about 10.30 pm because I can park right out the front, there are no kids running amok in the aisles, and there are no queues at the checkout. I realise most sensible people are in bed by that time, but it's horses for courses, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Thanks for my answer Gina, now I know. I am one of those people asleep by 10.30, I function best early in the day and my cats don't like me to go out at night. Sylvia

Thursday, 04 February, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!