Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekly menu and op shopping.

For years, I have planned a menu for each week. I do the bulk of my shopping on Wednesday night (just ask if you are wondering why Wednesdays). After tea on Wednesday nights, I check the weather channel, and make a note of what the temperatures will be for the coming week. Then I sit down with my current favourite recipe book or magazine, choose what I want to cook for the week, and write a list. I've been using scraps of paper, but this year I decided to be a bit more tidy, and created this little sheet. I fill in the forecast temperature (so I know whether to plan hot or cold meals). The name of the recipe comes next, and the 'source' is the book or magazine, and relevant page number.
Then I make out my weekly shopping list with the ingredients I'll need, and voila! Don't have to think about THAT for another week.



Now that I've bored you silly with that, you might like to see what I bought at Savers in Greensborough yesterday. But you'll have to go over to the Op Shop blog here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

O.K I'll ask-why Wednesday?
I am so impressed with your menu planning and lists. I would have so much more time if I wasn't always rushing to the supermarket.

Saturday, 30 January, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

Hmm great idea! I think I might do the same thing, rather than going shopping 4 times a week and rushing out just coz we're out of milk.

Sunday, 31 January, 2010  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

This is a great idea. I've got to show hubby when he gets back. Thanks for sharing. :)

Monday, 01 February, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

I did try your menu plan but have to tweak it a lil to allow for the use of leftovers because some ingredients I bought weren't used up in the 1st recipe and i've half a bottle of cream in the fridge the last 10 days! should probably throw it out but i hate to waste.... :D

Saturday, 13 February, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!